Donate Now!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Still Burning the Turkey

Wednesday's workout: 

Had a good double header today.  Changed it up from the normal way I do it.  First off, I started with the treadmill since it was raining like hell in Philly.  I ran for 4 miles in 27 minutes and was feeling pretty good.  After 4 miles I went right to lifting weights for 20 minutes.  After the 1st half of my normal  weight training session, I jumped back on the treadmill for another fast 2 miles in 13 minutes.  Once the 2 miles were completed, I went right back to the weights to finish my program.  It normally takes me 45-50 minutes to weight train, but I finished in two 20-minute sessions today.  I finished off the workout with another fast 2 mile run in 13 minutes again.

Had a good session today.  8 mile run broken up into a few intervals of 4,2, & 2 miles.  Tried to work on speed today on the treadmill.  Weight training session was good and on target. 


Tuesday:

Planned a 8 mile run today, but cut it off after 5 miles.  I had to be at work by 5:50am to open for the members.  I usually try to run by 7:30am on days I open.  On my ride into work, I stopped and had a sports drink figuring I would have enough calories for a run.  My mistake!

After running 1 mile I started to feel a little fuzzy and my legs were heavy.  At the second mile I was struggling and took out a Gu and downed it with some sports drink.  I still didn't feel good so I started to head back to work.  By mile 4.5 I started to fell better but I had already decided to listen to what my body was saying to me.  Maybe I did not have enough calories the day/night before.  The last thing I ate was a banana at 7pm on Monday night.  I suspect I did not have enough fuel in my tank to run 8 miles.

21 day challenge is going good.  I feel like I am focused again on nutrition.

No comments:

Post a Comment