Donate Now!

Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's been a long week!

Its been a long COLD week here in Philly.  Monday I was feeling a litlle tired but I knew I needed to get in at least one workout.  I decided to lift weights as planned in my workout plan for the Disney Marathon.  It was a good workout with tired legs.  It was family night as cheerleading finally ended for Emma.  We had purchased our Christmas tree on Sunday and tonight we put the lights, trim, and the star on it.  It was great having Emma and Conor help.  Kristina was more interested in the TV than helping with the tree.  It was good to have some family time as we settle into no activities on Monday nights for a while.

Tuesday was freezing cold in the morning.  I prefer to workout in the morning so when the temperature goes low I decide to do some of my weekly milage on the treadmill, even though I despise the treadmill.  Its mentally tough for me to spend the time on the treadmill, I guess I can count it as my "mental" training for the Ironman.  Family time again tonight, we put the ornaments on the tree.  That was interesting because we let Kristina, Emma, and Conor do all the mid and lower part of the tree, and daddy had to put the ones up high.  Cathy was the organizer and conductor of the festivities.

Wednesday brought some more freezing temperatures in the A.M.  I decided to do another run on the treadmill.  This time I seperated the workout into 3 different sessions.  First I did a 4 mile treadmill run in under 27 minutes.  I was trying to work on some speed training doing some Fartlek intervals.  Next, I did my weight training session, trying to maintain my HR in the 120's.  So I was working pretty hard.  At the end of my weight session, I jumped right back on the treadmill for another 2 miles.

Thursday was the coldest morning of the week, under 25 degrees with a wind chill making feel like 20 degrees.  I planned for the cold and took plenty of layers for an outside run.  I don't like to go more than 2 runs without getting outside.  I planned for an 8 miler in under 1 hour, and I achieved that goal.  I planned on running a litlle slower because it was so cold outside and I have so many layers on.  It was so cold that I think my water bottle had some ice in it. 

Long run this weekend and I am taking my kids to the beach to see my parents and have lunch with Santa!  I need to sneak that 20 mile run in on Saturday, especially since Sunday its going to rain and be nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment