Donate Now!

Monday, December 27, 2010

Hello, where have you been Mr Blog?

Boy it been a crazy couple of weeks.  This is my first post since December 15, 2010!  Where have I been?  Well it is Christmas coming up and with 3 kids to get ready I have not had much free time.  Staying on track with the marathon plan even though it's been cold as hell outside.  I am wearing out my cold weather gear that's for sure.

I had to prep for my staff Christmas party on December 18.  Not so bad you say, well I had to do my last long run in the morning, 21 miler (2:38 time).  In the past the last long runs have not bothered me too bad, but this year they have.  I ma not sure it is the cold (that's my guess) or the extra muscle I am carrying right now that has made my weight be around 180lbs vs 170lbs at other marathons.

The week of December 20th I was still able to get over 40 miles in total and two weight training sessions.  I dropped the two bike sessions this week as to try to allow my legs to recover.  The week was crazy because Christmas is quickly coming.  I still needed my "Man's Night of Shopping" with my freind Brian.  Usually we start at a local establishment then go out to shop for last minute gifts for our wives.  This year we opted to do a tour of our local establishments and skip shopping.  Luckily we had already done the shopping on our own before that night.

As Christmas Eve arrived I went for a good 14 miler as I really begin my taper.  It was a nice run, still very cold outside.  Cathy and I host her family for the Christmas Eve party, so I was able to clear my head during the run.  The party was great.  Telling Cathy's family of my impending Ironamn Training Program and what an Ironman is was interesting.  The looks I got just telling them the distances you have to cover in the race was cool.  I can only imagine what it will be like next year when I can tell them that I AM AN IRONMAN.  Christmas morning was great with the kids.  We spoil them way to much.  I got two really cool gifts from Cathy, other than my new Cliff Lee Phillies t-shirt, one was a new gym bag with the USA Triathlon logo and the other was the movie "The Distance: A Triathlete's Story" which is all about training for an Ironamn from three different particpants perspectives.  My mom completed the tri christmas gifts with compression socks.  Trying to expalin to her what they are and where to order them was great.  Probably my funnist gift was a new cycling jersey with Count Chochula, Frankenberry, and Booberry on it.  My boss found it on the web and gave it to me.  If nothing else I may look the part at Lake Placid.

I am desperately trying to eat good during the holiday's.  Its not easy especially with the holiday selections of beer I have in the fridge.  I can only try.  During this last two weeks before the marathon I need to eat right as my training drops down some and I need to cut about 5 lbs.  Trying to finish the year strong! 

No comments:

Post a Comment