Donate Now!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Final Weeks

These were the last final weeks in training for the Disney Marathon.  On my 11 mile run on Saturday, I tested using the video on my iPod.  I was thinking of trying to video some of the characters for my kids at the Marathon so I need to test it out.  I am sure they would like that.  Overall it was a good taper week, with just under 7 hours of training.  Check out the video below. 

Its been a very busy week again.  I had my sister Jackie's birthday on Monday the 27th.  Oh yeah it was also a blizzard in Philadelphia and 12 inches of snow fell on Sunday afternoon and night, so I was busy shoveling.  I was also rear ended in my car at lunch time.  Poor girl slid on the slick road and nailed the back on my car.  Luckily no one was hurt.  I  did make it to work for a workout on Monday, but we closed because of the weather situation, bad drifting and high winds.  The rest of the week was slow at work as expected.

The week was good with my milage, about 34 miles in this taper down period.  I also had 2 weight training sessions and 1.5 hours of cycling.  All this along with builing a set of bunk beds for my girls and a loft bed for my son.  I tried to take it easy on New Years Eve as to not shatter everything in the last few weeks.  I also tried to hide at a family party on Saturday 1/1/11.  This way I would not be tempted to over eat or drink any beer.  This last week is always the toughest for me.  Low volume and nutrition challenges.  But I will do my best and still hope for around a 3 hour time on January 9th.

Emma sitting on her new bunk bed I built from scratch, no kit.

Conor's new loft bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment