Donate Now!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Time is flying by...26 weeks until IRONMAN Lake Placid.

It has been another week since my last posting.  I just can't seem to find the time.  Right now I am stuck indoors suffering through it.  It is a cold spell in Philly right now and I don't want to freeze to death outside.

Thursday 1/20--my legs were feeling pretty heavy this morning.  I ran 3 miles before work, and thats all could seem to get through.  I figured it was better than nothing.  I wanted to go outside, but it was like 20 degrees, so I stayed inside.
Friday 1/21--I woke up at 5am to shovel the snow again.  It took me 30 minutes at a fast pace to get it all done before I went to workout then work.  My legs felt much better so I was ready for a good workout.  I had a good fast 2.25 mile run, then did 20 miles on the bike in under 49 minutes, and finally I jump right back on the treadmill for another 2 miles.  All in all it was a good workout with a little brick at the end.

Saturday 1/22--I was scheduled to go for a bike ride on my trainer, but after 10 minutes I went back in the house.  My bike and trainer are in my shed.  It was only 7 degrees overnight and even with the space heater on the shed was freezing.  I could not seem to get warm.  Rather than risk injury or DEATH, I called it a day.  Cathy and I had a tickets to go to the Flyers game and I was looking forward to a day out with just the two of us.  It was a great day even though the Flyers stunk the place up, we had a good time.

Sunday 1/23--Having recovered from the game yesterday I headed to the local YMCA for a Brick session.  I did it in reverse order, so I ran 6 miles in just over 42 minutes then rode the stationary bike 18 miles in 45 minutes.

Monday 1/24..26 weeks to go.  I started following the official written plan today.  Since Monday's are always going to be a "off" day with only a weight training session, I started to follow that.  So all I did today was a good 45 minute weight training session.

Tuesday 1/25--It was an easy 7 miler today.  I always suffer through the treadmill runs, but today was pretty easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment