Donate Now!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Double Header

Tuesday--November 16, 2010
Today I had a good interval session.  Started off with a good treadmill 3 miler at a fast pace to work on speed.  Pace was about 6:20 miles.  I always try to run faster on the treadmill to work on speed since my body does not have to suffer the epounding of the road.  After 3 miles(usually get bored after 3 miles on the tread), jump right onto stationary bike and hit it hard.  Maintain a 100 rpm count with a good heart rate between 125-145.  After 30 minutes, I get right back on the treadmill for another 3 miles.  I try to maintain the same speed as the first 3 miles.

All in all a good speed/brick workout.

November 17, 2010
Today I had a great worlkout.  It all started at 6am with a quick weight training session lasting 45 minutes.  It was a good session as I am nearing the end of my current marathon training program, only 1 session remains in this program.  Next week I transition into a different program. 

After weight training I went for an easy 5 mile run.  The run was easy and light as I am tapering for a 1/2 Marathon this Sunday.  Kept my heart rate(HR) in the 150's at a pace of 7:15 minute miles. 

Completing the run with some good energy to spare, I rode an indoor stationary bike for 30 minutes at a varied intensity level.  Kept my HR in the 120-130 range at 90-100 RPM's.  Nice steady workout this A.M.

It's nice being the Manager at a fitness center, get the perks of a free gym membership and the ability to workout at flexible times.  I know that will come in handy as I progree through the Ironman preparations.

No comments:

Post a Comment