Donate Now!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday November 15, 2010

So today is 250 days until Lake Placid.  I still can't believe I have entered this event since it was just a few years ago that I was barely able to run 2 miles and was 50 lbs heavier than I am now.  November 2008 exactly.  I started all this training in preparation for the Marine Corp Marathon in 2009 with a simple goal, to finish and beat Oprah's time.

While training for the MCM I started to cross train with biking and swimming.  I eventually signed up for a sprint triathlon in summer 2009.  While training I knew I was hooked on triathlon and race day only confirmed it.  That sprint tri I rode on  15 year old Gary Fisher mountain bike, heavy as all hell.  After the MCM I purchased a Trek 1.2 Alpha Road Bike for winter training.  I still focused on running, since I had qualified for the Boston Marathon at the MCM.  Immediatly after Boston (3:10:20) I mainly focused on tri specific training.

Most of 2010 I spent doing triathlons, with an occasional road race.

I used my backround in fitness and recieved my Level I USA Triathlon Certification.  Now I enjoy helping others as well as myself.

My hope is this blog helps me stay motivated and on target to have a great day in Lake Placid.  From all the other blogs I read, I know once you write it down and put it out there, you stay on target. 

Here's to good training and cold beers!

Training Day:
Total body weight session--50 minutes
Cardio--recovery from 14 mile run on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment