Donate Now!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day after Thanksgiving Punisher

So after eating alittle too much on turkey day, I knew Friday's workout would be a punisher lasting at least 2:15 and most likely 2:30 hours.  When the alarm went off at 5 AM, I admittedly hit the snoze a few times, then finally drug myself out of bed.

I arrived at work around 6:10AM.  Only the die hard exercisers are here at this hour, especially on Black Friday.  I went through the "punishers" opening act by doing a good 40-45 minutes of weight training.  My program right now is focusing on running specific movements since the marathon is 40 some days away.  I felt good during my lifting program and was ready to hit the road.

One problem, it was starting to rain and I was debating staying inside and just riding the bike or do an interval session with the treadmill and bike.  As I was deciding, one of my staff members, Bill Strube, made a simple observation and statement.  He said something along the lines of  "You should go outsidde becasue it might rain on race day."  That was all the motivation I would need.  Usually I don't mind the rain, but in the cold it SUCKS.  I have always made that coment to myself in the summer or spring, but late fall is cold.  It was only like 40 degrees when I went outside.  I was glad I did because it was just a light drizzle most of the time, so I was not that wet.  Doing a 10 miler the day after Thanskgiving is not as easy as it sounds, 1:15 minutes of pain and suffering.

Once I returned from my run, I thanked Bill for his comments of motivation.  I tooked a 15 minute break and then hopped on a stationary bike in hopes of doing 1 hr.  After 15 minutes I realized I needed food and was under nurished from my run and weight training.  Bill brought me over a Clif Bar, but I was feeling a little woozy and decided that after 41 minutes I would wrap it up.  Trying to listen to my body, and my body was saying thats it.  I stretched for a while then took a much needed shower so I could go to work.  Thank god I was already at work, my comute is less thena 30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment