Donate Now!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Getting ready for Philly Half Marathon

Friday November 19, 2010

Finished my last "triple header" before Sunday's Half Marathon.  Pretty good workout with a 45 minute weight session, then a 5 mile run, lastly a 35 minute bike session.  Feel like I am strong and ready for Sunday and hope to improve upon last years 1:28:17.  I think if all goes well I can get to 1:27-1:27:30.  Back in September I ran the Philly Rock & Roll Half and did 1:27:28, but that course is flatter than the Philly Half course. 

Finished off the day with Cathy and I in our living room having a few cold beers with no TV, just listening to music and talking.  Sometimes its hard to have a converstation during the week with three kids always needing our attention, but we know that Friday's are always our time to catch up.

Saturday November 20, 2010

Did my last run today before Sunday's race.  Did a 5 miler in 35:36.  Feeling good.  I am getting ready to head out to the running expo with my main man Conor, my 4 year old coach.  "Dad is this a boy's day out?"  I love when I tell him its a boys only day.  Today I need to focus on my nutrition and hydration plans.  Even though it willl be cold Sunday for the race, you can easily dehydrate if you are not careful.  I don't want to feel like a bloated sausage on Sunday morning by eating crappy today.  Just stick to the plan and I expect to have a good race Sunday.

Below is my coach Conor...looking cool at the Philly Marathon Runners Expo Saturday morning!  He drives a hard bargain but is a great coach.  His workouts of cleaning up after him, chasing him, playing Batman & Robin with him should payoff Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment