Donate Now!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pre-Thanksgiving Workouts

Its been a good recovery week so far.  Its also been pretty busy since it is Thanksgiving this week, so between work, kid events, and visiting my parents at the beach for th holiday, I am exhausted already. 

Since the Philly Half Marathon is over now, I transistion my training program to preparing for the Disney Marathon in January. 

Wednesday, November 24, 2010
A good workout today.  Had a 3 mile run on the treadmill followed by a 55 minute session on the stationary bike at my gym.  I worked on speed again on the treadmill, as I always do since it is so easy to do.  Plus it keeps my mind off the "clock" on the face of the treamill.  Pushed my heart rate to 160, so I was up near 10mph.
After the run I jumped right on the bike and used a varied resistance, but tried to keep my RPM at 95-100.  This high RPM and varied resistance woul help push my HR rate to a sustained aerobic level.  After my workout I did a good 10 minute stretch session and drank plenty of water.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010
As I was preparring to go for a run this a.m. at work, I put on my Road I.D. and then my GPS.  I turned my GPS on and it immediately gave me a low battery signal.  At first I thought I would just run on the treadmill.  Then I decided I would run "off the grid", no GPS, HR monitor, no pace calculation, just my Times Ironamn watch.  Suprisingly it was a great run on just feel.  I was able to do my 7 mile run in 49.5 minutes, right on where I would be with my Garmin on.  Just running on feel and knowing the mile splits where I run was all I needed. 

Monday, November 22, 2010
My legs are feeling heavy this a.m. so I just did some weight training.  Part of my Ironman plan is to get plenty of weight sessions in this winter as a base and foundation.  I am assuming that as I get farther along in the Ironman training, I may have to decrease th eweights at points.  This winetr I am going to make a real effort to get 2-3 days in per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment