Donate Now!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Wisdom Teeth out and a 12th Birthday!

This was an interesting week this week.  I had a scheduled oral surgery procedure to remove my four wisdom teeth this week.  I had planned on taking Thursday and Friday off because I was not sure how I would respond to the surgery.  Since I really dislike the dentist..sorry any dentist...I dislike an oral surgeon more.  Monday through Wednesday I did all my planned workouts and was able to get ahead at work so I would not be behind on March 5 when I return.

All in all I had no issues with the surgery.  Apparently, when they gave me the IV drugs and asked me about my Eagleman 70.3 Ironman t-shirt, I answered and fell asleep.  The next thing I remember is waking up with the big gauze pads in my mouth.  I spent most of Thursday resting and sleeping.  Friday I felt better but was still banned from any exercise since I was still slightly bleeding in my mouth.  Once Saturday came I was pretty good.  I got back on the bike for an easy 90-minute session with no ill-effects.  Sunday I made it out for a 12 mile run.  So far no set backs other than being tired.  I'll hit it back to work Monday the 5th, and expect to resume my normal sessions.

The other big part of my week is that Kristina turns 12 years old.  She has made it 12 years longer than they told us she would make it.  Other than Down Syndrome, she is a normal 12 year old sports nut.  She had a great birthday, spending a few days with her Mommom and Pop while I was recovering.  She also became a women this week, which was very traumatic for me.  Having my oldest girl hitting maturity is weird.  It was bad enough when she had to get a training bra and stuff.  Now shopping in the feminine hygiene section of Target or Giant is going to be rough.

Our first fundraiser of the year is coming this next weekend, March 10, 2012.  A $25.00 Beef and Beer at The Bayou Bar and Grill.  Hopefully we have a good turnout and can get a jump start on making 2012 even better than last year for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment