Donate Now!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Getting Back on Track

Well, I am starting to feel better from the oral surgery finally.  This past week was pretty busy for us.  Softball and Baseball started for Emma and Conor, so that adds to the mayhem of our schedule.  I finished IMLP training at 8:45 for the total.  Not a very good week and only a little off from what I needed.  Just 2 weeks ago I was at 12:25.  This week I should get back on track as I hit Base II Training Block.

The I Tri 4 Downs Beef and Beer was last weekend.   It was our first fundraiser of the year and we had a great night.  We raised $1,350 from the night.  It was a fun night with 47 thirsty/hungry people attending.  We had a 3 hour set drink menu along with a buffet of food.  We offered a 50/50 raffle and had some nice prize baskets.  The best part of the night was the winner of the 50/50, Dave, donated the money back to us...all $250.00.  It was a very nice gesture from a really nice Philly Fireman.  Below are some of the festivities.

Below are Leah, Nish, Jane, Tom, & Brian


Below is a picture of Dave(on the left) the 50/50 winner and 
Brian(on the right).  Brian is on the I Tri 4 Downs, Inc. Board.  Cathy is in the foreground up close.



Valarie and Jackie(my sister) with Dave and Joker in the background.


It wound up being a great night, but very late for Cathy and I.  With the time change we seemed to only get about 3 hours sleep...I know Training Payne get less than that and still trains like mad (http://workandtrainingpayne.blogspot.com/), but its tough for me.  I choose to take Sunday as a recovery day.  What a chicken ass I was for that, but I was beat.

My first race of the year is in 2-weeks.  A nice flat 10 miler at the beach near my parents house.  I'll take the kids and my bike with me for the weekend and treat it as a mini-camp.  Now I'll just have to stay out of the local water holes when I am there.

No comments:

Post a Comment