Donate Now!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Off to a good start!

Well I am off to a good start this week.  On Monday, I did a nice upper body weight session followed by a 30 minute walk session.  I just wanted to flush my legs some from yesterday's ride, so I did a little walk.  My program calls for a day off and weights are optional, but I needed to do a little something.  I figured getting 60 minutes in was a good thing, even though it was very light.

Tuesday started back into a regular training week.  I am in week 2 of Build I training block.  I went for a nice 10 mile run in the morning rain.  People at my work must think I am crazy when they see me heading out for a run in the rain.  I decided to go out in the rain even though I am battling a nasty sore throat.  I figured once out there and I am wet, I can't get any wetter.  And besides what if it rains on race day.  I need to know how my feet will hold up and what clothes to wear.  My pace, speed, and HR all were within my normal 10 mile run range, so the rain did not slow me down.  I wore my normal running gear except for a shell jacket that is water resistant.  On my way home from work I stopped at the Y for my swim workout.  Sometimes I think the other swimmers in the pool think I am slow.  They don't realize this is my 2nd workout of the day.  I swam for 45 minutes, going 1.5 miles.

Wednesday I have the day off from work because Cathy is having a medical test done, so I need to be Mr. Mom.  Kristina also has her IEP today at her school, and I need to get to that session.  It is still raining/drizzling so I went for a 40 mile (1:36) session on the trainer followed by a 8 mile run OTB.  I am amazed that my run time OTB seems to be just as fast as my stand alone run time.  I guess the bike really has my legs ready.

Kristina had a great IEP.  She is way smarter than Cathy and I give her credit for.  Her teacher says she is such a good student and follows her directions well.  We have some life skills to work on this summer, tying shoe laces, zippers, buttons, etc but all things considered she is doing great.  Much more than any doctor had told us she would be able to do.  After all some doctors had warned us she may not make it through the birthing process.  Now we are trying to prepare ourselves for puberty.  Good luck with that process for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment