Donate Now!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Getting Back on Track

Now that the Golf Outing is over, we raised $7,200 for Our Lady of Confidence Day School, a school serving special needs children, I am getting back on track.

Friday I helped end the week with a swim at the Y (1 mile) and when I got home from work I went for a nice 18 mile bike ride.  I really did not want to swim because I was still beat from the Golf Outing, but forced myself to go and I was glad I did at the end.  The bike ride, I only had to convince Cathy that I would get home for dinner.  I did.  Saturday I went for my longest run in a month, a 14 miler in the early AM.  We had such a busy Saturday, that I was on the road before 6AM.  My Garmin 305 was not working, so I ran without a pace watch, just my Timex HR watch, so ran soly based on HR and not speed.  It was a good run to do like that since I know the 14 mile route very well.  After that run, we had 3 kids baseball/softball games in 3 different locations.  Cathy had a bridal shower for a cousin, so I had to fend for the last 2 games alone.

Once those games were over, I had promised the kids some daddy time.  They chose McDonald's with a playground.  I said ok, as long as it was the one next to the bike shop I frequent, Guy's Bicylces.  This way after lunch we could go in the shop since I needed a get a rear mounted water bottle holder for my Felt B16 bike.  I had a planned 3 hour ride Sunday and wanted to break it in on the ride.  Saturday night, Emma still had to attend a birthday party; so that made it 4 activities in one day for 3 kids.  While she was at the party I still could not get my Garmin 305 to turn on, so I went to Best Buy to purchase a Timex Global Trainer GPS.  They were selling it for $359.00, but online it was $249.00, so I printed the online price and went in to get it.  Of course when I got home from picking up Emma I was eager to play with the new Timex GPS.  As luck would have it, my Garmin was now working, I guess the battery was  so low it needed time to charge.  I returned the Timex watch on Sunday afternoon.

Sunday was my longest outside ride of the year, a good 3 hour ride over hilly, mostly rolling terrain in a cool misty rain. Could have been easy to roll over, but it could be like that on race day.   My training plan called for a 3-4 hour ride and I did the lower end as to not over train this week.  I finally crossed back over the 10:30 hours for the week in training time.  It was 4 weeks since that happened.  Now that my life has calmed down some, I fully expect to crank it out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment