Donate Now!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

CRASH

Yesterday I had a major crash on my bike just .3 miles into my ride.  The short version is I flipedp over my handle bars while braking.  I opted to brake rather than get hit or hit the trash truck that cut in front of me.  He said he did not see me, but he never stopped at the end of the driveway he was coming out of to make the left turn.

Anyway I flipped off my bike, landed on my head and right shoulder and laid in the street before crawling over to the side, and I really mean crawling.  They called 911 for me because I knew I was hurt.  Thankfully they took me to the Hospital I work for so my care was great.  Without much details, I have a 2nd degree dislocation of my AC joint in my right shoulder, cracked my helmet (thank god I was wearing it), and scrapped up my right shoulder blade pretty good.  No broken bones on the X-ray's, but I see an Orthopedic Surgeon on Monday afternoon to rule out torn ligaments and surgery.

Eagleman 70.3 Triathlon is next weekend 6/12/11, and I doubt I will be able to do it.  If I can't, I will turn the weekend into a camping trip for me and Kristina.  Hey, its a chance to see Crowie and Miranda race.  This has been my biggest fear during training, getting hurt and I can't race.  It is a real bummer right now.  I am trying to keep my spirits up, especially since I am not allowed to work while I am injured.

Ironman Lake Placid is the goal and my A race for this year, so If I have to miss some time and skip Eagleman, than so bee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment