Donate Now!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Back at IT!

Ironman Lake Placid is fast approaching.    I feel like I can still have a great time and race well even with the shoulder injury coming at a terrible time.  I will focus completely on bike and run until the arm feels good enough to push the swim.  I ill not sacrifice a set back in my arm just to try and swim slowly.  I had a good couple days.

Monday I only did the stationary bike.  Tuesday I was able to get in 10 miler in 1:17.  Not my slowest 10 mile run.  Not bad considering I was fighting the pain in my ribs, and having virtually no right arm swing.  I'll take it.  Wednesday was better.  I still don't want to risk a setback in the shoulder, so I rode the trainer bike pretty hard, HR at 135.  After the ride I went right out for a BRICK run of 6 miles.  The run felt better today than yesterday.  Faster and less pain.  Hopefully I have turned the corner.

Below are pictures of my helmet from the crash and my 2010 Philadelphia Triathlon Jersey that the ER had to cut off me when I arrived there after the crash.  Make sure you always wear a helmet.


2 comments:

  1. Good work, I remember being kicked in the ribs during a swim and they were bruised, it was painful for weeks to run. Can't imagine what your doing. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suffering through it now....was just hitting my stride with the training for IMLP when CRASH...won't be the fastest swimmer there but still think I can do 1:30 to swim and exit T1. Aiming for 11:30 total. Figure I can do the bike at 6hrs and run in 4 hrs....But thats what I hope is the worst case scenario. I was hoping for 10:45-11 before this crap.

    ReplyDelete