Donate Now!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Strong Weekend Finish

The weekend was a strong finish for training.  It all started with getting to the pool on Friday night. 

Saturday was another busy day.  We had a cheerleading competition for our daughter Emma.  This meant 4 hours in a high school gym for 7-8 year old girls cheerleading.  What a riot.  My son had a birthday party in the afternoon, so Cathy was taking him and I would stay home with the girls.  It again was crappy weather, so I would train inside today.  My plan was to get to the Y for a run, but I just could not fit in in.  I decided to bring my bike in from the shed. 

My motivation was way low all day.  Finally around 3:45 pm I felt an uptick in motivation.  I kept thinking that if I did not get in a ride, I may suffer on race day.  I was able to get in a solid 1 hour ride.  It was a little weird being back on my tri bike, as the past month I had been primarily on a stationary bike.  It felt good and the hour went by fast as I alternated between cadence, gearing, and effort.

Was that the sun today?  What a miracle.  It was 42 degrees and sunny when I went out for an easy 10 miler today.  It was great.  This was my first road run since the Disney Marathon almost a month agao.  The 10 miles went by in 1:10 so I had a good pace and an even HR.  It was nice to run along my route and see the snow melting and the sidewalks again.

It was a good finish on the weekend.  I tried to keep my motivation up and remember that I amy suffer during the training, but it will pay off on race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment