Donate Now!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Ground Hog Day...Did I already write this entry?

I only wish they played the movie Groundhog Day for 24 hours like they do with a Christmas Story on Christmas eve.

This is the same day for me.  The weather sucks everyday.  I am getting my prep training done acording to plan, but I really want to get outside.

Last Saturday I took the day off completely.  We had a ton of things to do around the house and with the kids, so I tried to earn some daddy and hubby points.  Later in the day we went over a friends house for some adult company and beverages.  Its always good to be a "regular guy" and not the "guy who has to get up at 5am and train so I can't have a beer".

Sunday 1/30--I made it to the NE YMCA around 8am and did a 7 mile run followed by a 17 mile bike workout on the stationary bike.  I don't think the staff likes the puddles I make, but being in the fitness industry I always clean up after my self.  I hate when people don't do that in my gym, so make sure I do it in others.  The lady today even gave me a "Thanks alot" after I was done wiping down each one when I finished.

Monday 1/31--I like the Monday off day in the training program.  Its only a weight training session.

Monthly totals:
Swim: 1600 yards
Bike: 122 miles
Run: 96.11 miles
Weights: 4.5 hours
Snow Shovel: 2.8 hours--not sure how that  helps Ironaman but my HR was up.

Now that the Disney Marathon is over and I took it pretty easy in January, I need to get down to business.  Ironman Lake Placid is in full focus right in front of me.  Each decision I make from this point forward will always have that in mind.

Tuesday 2/1--Had a good 7 mile run today on the treadmill again.  Working on foot turnover and speed.  I usually get 7 miles in in 47 minutes or under.  I will try to maintain that as my baseline tempo.  On my way home from work I stopped at the NE YMCA for a 1 mile swim.  Since swimming is my limiter, I will need to get in as much of this as I can.

Wednesday 2/2--Groundhog Day!  Again weather forces me to stay inside, an ice strom today.  I completed a 40-minute weight training session followed by 1 hour plus change on the bike.  I tried to get in 24 miles on the bike and did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment