Donate Now!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Last week of Preparations

It's all coming together now.  This week was great.  No nighttime activities for the kids and Cathy and I were actually able to talk to each other every night before was crashed for the night.  In a few weeks the swim classes, softball, and baseball will start so we will be enjoying these last few weeks.  This week was also the last week of my Ironman PREP phase in my training program.  Febraury 14 starts full on training with 23 weeks to go. 

Having finished Joe Friel's book Your Best Triathlon:  Advanced Training for Serious Athletes I am following his plan for Ironaman training.  After writting my own plan, since I am USA Triathlon Level I Certified, I found I was only off from what Joe has his athletes do by slightly.  I have reviewed countless training plans of other athletes and IM Finishers, and thinks Joe's plans are right on the money, especially after 30 years of training his athletes.  I know I will be prepared if I follow his plan and re-read each chapter in the book as I enter that particular phase.

I know how much time this will all take, but I just keep thinking about how I will feel come July 24, 2011 at the finish line.  Cathy and I have talked about the committment, and I have her full support.  I only need to make one consession in the training plans, I am not allowed to do my 100 mile rides into New Jersey, I must stay in Pennsylvania.  She is nervous at the route I will take in riding to the beach from our house.  Not much shoulder and plenty of road construction project underway.  I agreed and will not cross any bridges ito NJ.

Looking forward to next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment