Donate Now!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Now it Begins!!!

Well the long slow un-motivating time of the year is OVER!

I just finished 4 weeks of prep time in Ironman training.  It is a nice 4 week block...only about 8 hours a week of training time.  I needed that to ease into full IM training.  Since IM Lake Placid last summer, my motivation has been way down.

I have felt slow when I have worked out, which has made me even more un-motivated.  I know I am slower because of the extra 20-25 lbs I am lugging around right now.  I know that this going to be my number 1 goal....clean up the diet and get serious about getting the weight off.  I know when that happens my speed on the run will increase.  I do better when I am training for a goal.  Since IMLP I really did not have a goal or "A" race to look forward to.  So my workouts/diet/and training were lacking.

This spring I have a few different types of races from last year.  A few trail runs, along with road runs.  I am still looking for a May Olympic of Half Iron distance race close to home.  Once I find those I will be set.  I have not listed any race after LP, but have some ideas.  I think it all depends on what happens with Kona and NYC Marathon Lottery's.  I will keep my fingers crossed for Kona and say a few rosaries.

I'll try to stay motivated and happy this year, just like last year.....with out the bike crash in June I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment