Donate Now!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Are you Ready?

I found this picture on multiple we blogs and links and thought I would also post it.  I have a cope hanging in my office at work.  It has been a nice conversation starter.

Well I just finished the first week of Ironman Lake Placid Base I training.  Up to this point my plan has only been to get my body ready to train.  I spent the last week getting the bike on the trainer, cleaning it up, and securing it away from my kids.

Here is what the Prep to Base trend looked like:
3-weeks ago 5:55 total time
2-weeks ago 6:41 total time
Last week 7:28 total time
This week 12:40 total time

The week was pretty easy to get into a grove with.  I have written many time that I have great support at work.  My boss encourages me to workout and get outside to train.  How many working age groupers can say that.  I was noticeably tired as the week went along.  Cathy even commented that I am getting back to my Iron-bed time of 9pm already.  

I am still working through the frustration of being a little heavy and slow on the run.  I did some research of the same time last year and noticed I am only slightly slower(:15 sec per mile) at the same point in the training program.  As my year went along, I did PR a 10 miler twice, so I am not that discouraged yet.  As the weeks move forward and my intensity and volume goes up I know the weight will come down.  I know when the weight starts to come down, my speed will increase.  My first race is at the end of March, 10 miler at the beach, and I will be shooting for a 1:10 in that one.

I did get some encouraging news about Mooseman 70.3.  I have a client who comes into my gym.  She has a son who lives 5 minutes from the race start.  She let him know I was doing the race and he said I can crash at his place for the race.  Saves me some $$ on a room for the weekend. 

Long ride on the trainer today was 2 hours.  It was a pretty easy 2 hours because my kids were playing Wii during my ride.  So between being referee, judge, jury, and participant...the time flew by.



2 comments:

  1. Good post, I start base trining tomorrow, you have me motivated

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny...I always need motivation I check for you.

    ReplyDelete