Donate Now!

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Long Strange Trip

Well it has been a long lapse in posting.  I don't have any good reason either.  EVERYONE is busy with their life.  I am no different.  I have three great kids, and they all started baseball/softball with some extra zest the past couple weeks.  This means the nights are crazy busy.

My oldest daughter Kristina, has practice 1 night a week, then games on Sunday late afternoon.  Emma has practice 2 days a week and games, sometimes 1 game, sometimes 2.  Conor has practice 1 night and games on Saturday mornings.  That leaves not much weeknight time for the family.  Thank god Emma's Girls Scouts are coming to a close.

Last year, the evenings were great in late Spring/Summer because I could train hard in the day time, and kickback at night.  Not this year.  I don't mind having the sports details, but I feel guilty if I just sit on the side like a bump on  a log and not interact with the other parents or coaches.

I'll give a quick Broad Street Run Report from 5/6/12.  The BSR is the largest 10 miler in the USA now, 38,000 registered runners and 33,977 finished.  It was a perfect day, cool in the AM and slight breeze at our back.  With 38,000 registered runners you can imagine the logistics.  From my perspective, everything went fine.  Easy drive to the finish area, easy parking at the stadium, easy ride up to the start on the subway, and easy to line up in the corrals.  The only problem I notices was the same I see at every race no matter the size...not enough port-potties.  That happens at every race!

I finished in 1:07:24 officially.  My Garmin said 1:06:30, I had to stop in a port potty along the way.  I was 791/33,977, or in the top 2.3%.  I was about 4 minutes slower than last year, which I am ok with.  I have not kicked the last 15lbs I am holding yet, so I figure it was like I ran with a Pot Roast with me.  I held a 6:44 pace which was part of my goal.

I felt pretty good with it overall and the course is awesome, straight slight downhill.  Nice tempo run training day is how I looked at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment