Donate Now!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Crazy Week!

This was a scheduled recovery and testing week, with light workouts scheduled.  As I mentioned before, there was a nasty GI bug going through my family.  All five of us were down for the count at different times.

I managed to get through Monday with my weight traininng session and looked forward to an easy night watching Emma at swim class.   Unfortunatly she was sent home from school because she got sick during school.  So it was an easy night with no extra trip to the Y for class.  I tried to stay clear of everyone, since  Cathy got sick while bringing Emma home from school. 

Tuesday, I did my early morning run session before work started.  Before I left work at the end of the day I called Cathy to see if she needed anything on my way home.  She just needed me to get home to help take care of everyone.  While talking to Cathy before dinner, I felt my tummy starting to go crazy.  Before going to bed, I had been bitten by the "bug."

I spent all Wednesday in bed or the bathroom.  I lost over 5 lbs during the day.  Not the best way to do it.  Like clockwork of a 24 hour bug, I started to feel better Wednesday night. 

Thursday came and feeling no effects from the "bug" I stop at the Y from my swim session after work.  Later Thursday night, I rode the trainer for 26 miles in 1 hour.  I felt good and really did not think the "bug" took to much away from this days workouts.

Friday I was feeling good and strong when I woke up, so before work I ran 7 miles near my work then jumped on a bike at work for 1 hour, going 24 miles.  I felt pretty strong during both workouts.

Saturday morning I went for a 1800 yard swim at 7:15 am.  After coming home and resting, I took the girls out for some shopping.  Shopping with a 11 and 8 year old for new sheets for their beds was interesting.  They suffered through my shopping for new running shoes and work shoes, so I owed them.  After shopping I went for a 12 mile run in the afternoon.  Not to bad, 1:29 for the 12 miles, so I was happy.

Sunday we had to disinfect all the kids toys and play area.  This way they don't just keep getting the "bug."  After helping with that chore and giving the kids lunch, I jumped on the bike trainer.  I went for 2.5 hours and 60 miles.  The time went by pretty quickly as I watched the Atlantic 10 Men's Basketball Championship, way to go Spiders of Richmond.  An old high school team mate coaches Richmond so it was great seeing them win that game.  Near the end the mental challenge started.  To make it through the 60 miles on an indoor trainer is tough.

I thought it was a good recovery week.  It seemed like I hardly did anything and I did over 9 hours.

Weekly Totals:  9 sessions, 9 hours 16 minutes
Weights: 45 minutes
Swim: 1 hour
Bike:  110 miles
Run: 25 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment