Donate Now!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

So much for a great week

Well what a crappy week for training.  Everything was going along ok.  I had planned about 14 hours or just under for the week.  But life completely got in the way and I never recovered from it.  I did manage 10.5 hours with 11 sessions, but I did miss my long weekend ride.  I am planning on making up half of that on Monday AM, and will use today, Sunday, as a complete day off, I'll explain that in a minute.

We have been having a problem with some home improvements at our house this week, so I have had to cut some workouts short or deleted the optional ones all together so I could get home early.  Friday I left work so I could met the mason and he never showed up all day.  Saturday night I spent shop vaccing our basement for 6 hours to remove water that was flowing into our house.  This caused me to miss my long bike ride on Sunday morning because I needed to sleep and clean up from all the water that was in our house overnight.  I did get in all my runs and swim, but was short on the bike.  I had planned on missing some weight sessions for longer runs or BRICKS, but not the bike.

The sessions I did get in felt really good.  I am really working on the swim, but still fear I will breaststroke most of the swim.  Some how I just can't seem to swim freestyle for long distance, but can breaststroke forever it seems.  Most of my bike sessions I am trying to follow up with some run sessions now.  My running speed is coming back with the weight dropping back down to last seasons number.

Baseball season has started in our town, so I need to really focus on getting my daddy time in with the kids.  It makes for a busy time of year, swimming classes, baseball/softball, and training.  I think I need to be cloned right now.

Weekly totals:
Weights:  .75 hours, 1 session
Swim: 2.45 hours, 3 sessions, 7,700 yards
Bike: 2.69 hours, 2 sessions, 66 miles
Run:  4.65 hours, 5 sessions, 38.93 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment